It’s been just over six months since Bellmont Partners shifted to a fully remote operation, and every day that goes by it’s becoming more clear how important our team has been to our agency’s survival and success during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each of us has played a critical, distinct role, from providing fast-turn, innovative support for our clients to helping to instill a sense of measured optimism in everything we do. To help maintain that positive outlook, we’ve embraced looking at this quickly changing climate as an opportunity rather than a challenge.
In the spirit of taking the counsel we give our clients, early on we made the intentional choice to use this crisis as a chance to reimagine where we want to go as an agency, who we are today and who we want to be. As part of that process, we’ve proactively made some moves to strengthen our commitment to providing senior-level counsel and build an even sturdier foundation – to solidify what we are today and what we want to be when this is all behind us.
So I’m thrilled to announce that – two months after bringing on Maureen Cahill, one of Minnesota’s top PR practitioners – we have promoted six people to new roles:
- With nearly six years as part of the Bellmont Partners team under her belt, Megan Derkey has been promoted to account director. She leads our Technology Practice Group and plays an important role both setting strategy and implementing PR programs for a number of clients. We’re constantly delighted and amazed at the immense amount of sharp talent she brings to all of her work.
- Sara Grasmon was technically our first employee back in 2010, and now she’s an account supervisor. After working with us after she graduated from college, she followed her passion for baseball, working in marketing at several minor league and major league teams, including the Kansas City Royals during their 2015 World Series Championship run. Today she’s an MVP in our Food & Agriculture and Tourism & Hospitality Practice Groups.
- Michelle Griffith, the senior account executive formerly known as Michelle Cook (please join us in congratulating her on her recent nuptials!), is now an account supervisor. She has deep expertise in the technology and health and wellness industries, for both B2B and B2C brands. She brings a strategic lens to complex projects, asking tough questions and always keeping a client’s “Why?” in mind.
- Briana Gruenewald started at Bellmont Partners in 2014 as an assistant account executive, and today she’s an account supervisor and graphic design lead. Because design has become such an integral part of communications work in recent years, we’ve tapped her to help grow and expand that area of expertise as a practice group for our organization. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Bri’s a communications unicorn – someone with a passion for poignant storytelling, particularly for many of our nonprofit clients, who also has a keen eye for design, which is truly a rare find.
- Former newspaper editor Johanna Holub is now an account supervisor and our data and insights lead. She spearheads client relationships in our Health, Manufacturing and Technology Practice Groups, and drives the agency’s important focus on data and measurement. Curious, strategic, creative and meticulous, she’s the private investigator we didn’t know we needed until she joined our staff.
- Our most recent addition, Julie Goulette, has been promoted to account coordinator. After joining Bellmont Partners in 2019 to help with all things admin around the office, Julie quickly become a vital part of client teams across the agency as well. We’re excited she’s now taking on a deeper role with specific client accounts and tackling even more PR-centric assignments.
We’re grateful to these folks and our entire team, and to all of our clients and partners for your continued confidence and trust. I’m certain these moves will provide even stronger, more strategic communications counsel and implementation as we continue to navigate our way through this uncertainty to a stronger, more compassionate world on the other side of the pandemic.
Congratulations on these well-deserved promotions!