This fall, we’re supporting client Second Harvest Heartland in launching “Fill Another Table,” a local campaign to raise awareness of hunger and help end it locally – and we’ve been collaborating on everything from strategy to graphic design to media relations (did you see us on WCCO this morning?!).
With an orange fork as the icon of the campaign and a reminder of the important issue, Second Harvest Heartland and several hunger relief partner organizations are asking for the community’s help in providing 12 million meals.
With today being Hunger Action Day and Hunger Action Month lasting all September long, here are several ways to start making an impact.
- Download the 2017 Guide for Good: Second Harvest Heartland is making it easy for you to do your part to end hunger in the Heartland. Visit 2harvest.org/fillanothertable to download a one-page guide for ways you and your friends, family, coworkers or other groups can get involved with hunger relief efforts.
- Attend a Second Harvest Heartland event: From Canstruction at the Mall of America Sept. 16–18 and Indeed We Can! At Indeed Brewing Company Sept. 20, Second Harvest Heartland will be out and about raising awareness about the prevalence of hunger in our community. To learn more, visit 2harvest.org/events.
- Volunteer: Second Harvest Heartland has numerous upcoming opportunities for folks of all ages and abilities to volunteer throughout the Thanksgiving season. And during September, as part of the Hunger Action Month Double Down Challenge, Bremer Bank will match every volunteer hour with a $5 donation, up to $50,000. Sign up for a volunteer shift at 2harvest.org/volunteer.
- Donate: For Second Harvest Heartland to feed everyone in our community who may go hungry this Thanksgiving season, it must provide 12 million meals – and your donations will directly help meet that need. Visit 2harvest.org/fillanothertable regularly to see the progress we’re collectively making with an updated thermometer. Donations to Second Harvest Heartland made in September will be matched by the Xcel Energy Foundation and a group of generous donors, up to $50,000. To donate, visit 2harvest.org/donate.
- Create a Movement: Second Harvest Heartland is asking Minnesota and Wisconsin residents to raise awareness of hunger in ourcommunities. Make a big splash today for Hunger Action Day and the entire month of September by joining people all over the country in “going orange” to show your support of hunger relief and raise awareness of the issue. Wear orange, turn your social media profiles orange, adorn your office building, cubicle or home in orange, or set your table with orange forks. Use hashtag #HungerActionMonth in September and #FillAnotherTable through Thanksgiving Day to join the larger conversations.
We couldn’t be more grateful to work with clients who make our communities better every day.