Current Career Opportunities
Minnesota public relations agency Bellmont Partners, winner of multiple “Best Places to Work” awards, is seeking a Digital Strategist to add to our growing team. We’re looking for a digital enthusiast with approximately three to six years of experience who is passionate about partnering with clients to tell their stories in a variety of ways while upholding the agency’s five core values – collaborative, connected, invested, transparent, flexible – in day-to-day interactions and responsibilities.
This person will be comfortable consulting across the agency’s industry practice groups and wide range of clients to develop digital strategies, taking into consideration each client’s overarching business and marketing objectives, the current public relations strategy, existing and future campaigns, internal resources and tools, and more. This person will be equally comfortable rolling up their sleeves and implementing digital recommendations, from developing social media content calendars to running paid social campaigns and coordinating influencer outreach efforts, to name a few tactics. Last but not least, this person will also be eager to share their knowledge of digital best practices and tools, helping elevate colleagues’ digital skills.
At Bellmont Partners, we believe that driving exceptional results for clients starts with an exceptional team of people, supported by an exceptional work environment. As an agency, we believe our best work is done by a team with a diverse array of ideas, backgrounds, talents and opinions. We value past experiences in a variety of settings, including agency, journalism, corporate, nonprofit, government and other areas that have sparked a passion for digital communications and storytelling.
Bellmont Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage those from historically underserved communities, such as people of color, women, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities, to apply for this job.
A Digital Strategist on our team should be comfortable with a wide variety of activities on their to-do list each day. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
Client Strategy – 30%
- Set or consult on clients’ digital strategies across the agency; this includes overarching digital strategies as well as strategies specific to platforms/channels such as email campaigns, blogs, social media (organic and paid), influencer campaigns, search engine optimization, websites, etc.
- Collaborate with account teams to enhance current digital activities, provide new recommendations and brainstorm ongoing big-picture initiatives for clients, while always keeping digital recommendations closely integrated with the overall brand strategy
- Meet with and present to client teams – including day-to-day contacts, executives and other decisionmakers – to make persuasive recommendations
- Consult on digital reporting/analytics best practices across agency reports and as a resource for client contacts
- Contribute to crisis communications preparedness plans from a digital perspective
Client Support – 30%
- Serve as a dedicated team member on three to five client accounts
- Develop content for digital channels; for example, drafting copy for blog posts, developing content calendars for social media, selecting visuals, crafting website content, etc.
- Publish and monitor digital/social media content, working with account and client teams to effectively assess and respond to comments, questions and concerns
- Manage paid campaigns on social media platforms
- Conduct outreach to influencers in clients’ industries to coordinate influencer campaigns or ongoing work with influencers
- Develop monthly and annual reports on digital activity, working with account teams to integrate data and observations into overarching reports as needed
- Consult on crisis communications activity as needed, working closely with account teams on providing real-time recommendations to monitor, leverage and communicate on digital channels effectively
Business Development and Agency Marketing – 20%
- Assess opportunities for digital strategies and tactics in all business development opportunities
- Contribute to proposals and participate in new business meetings and presentations, persuasively speaking to the role of digital strategies/tactics in the agency’s recommendations
- Consult on agency marketing, collaborating with colleagues on our own digital presence and activity
- Seek out and participate in networking, speaking opportunities, thought leadership activities, etc., to showcase the agency’s approach
Agency Development – 10%
- Consistently share knowledge on digital best practices and trends with colleagues
- Review agency’s tools/platforms, making recommendations as needed on new tools/platforms to deliver exceptional digital capabilities to clients
Professional Development/Operations/Administrative/Paid Volunteer Time – 10%
- Work with manager to establish individual professional development goals that align with the agency’s overall annual goals and objectives and your areas of interest; make consistent progress toward goals through professional development events and resources, seeking out additional projects to flex new skills
- Participate in staff meetings, one-on-one check-ins with manager, and other agency meetings and events
- Complete personal administrative tasks in a timely manner, including weekly time entry, monthly expense reports, etc.
- If interested, seek out volunteer opportunities that align with personal and professional goals and areas of interest, using Bellmont Gives Back hours (paid volunteer time)
BENEFITS & WORKPLACE
- A flexible, hybrid “office/work-from-home” policy that has been a core part of our culture for years. This longstanding policy made the shift to working remotely during the early days of COVID-19 almost seamless. In the current COVID-19 environment, our office is open to those who wish to work from there occasionally or on a regular basis, and we are following local health recommendations for COVID-19 protocols. We continue to support working remotely and strive to create inclusive virtual meetings, gatherings and communications, whether individuals are remote or in the office at any given time.
- Annual stipends for personal health and wellness activities and home office technology
- Employee-led agency initiatives, such as our Diversity, Inclusion & Antiracism Initiative; Health & Wellness Committee; and Sustainability Initiative
- Free access to the on-site fitness center
- Paid volunteer hours through our Bellmont Gives Back program
- Professional development and leadership development opportunities
- Access to Hope Works Here, a service of Faith’s Lodge
- Competitive traditional benefits, including health insurance (employer-paid premiums), flexible spending accounts, 401(k), long- and short-term disability (employer-paid premiums), vacation time and paid holidays
- Strategic, collaborative and fun colleagues, as well as clients who are doing amazing work in their fields
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field, or equivalent experience
- Approximately three to six years of experience
- Based in or able to relocate to Minnesota
- If you don’t exactly meet these criteria but are interested in this role or a future opening at Bellmont Partners, we encourage you to apply regardless.
- Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 28, 2022:
- A resume detailing relevant experience and interests
- A cover letter – please think of this as a way to help us start getting to know you! We want to learn why you’re interested in the Digital Strategist role at Bellmont Partners, what you’ve learned from past roles, what you’re looking for in the next chapter of your career, and any other relevant info about you and your interests that you’d like us to know.
- Also, while Bellmont Partners works with a variety of organizations, much of our work is for clients in the following industries; please highlight in your resume and/or cover letter if you have experience or a specific interest in/passion for any of these areas:
- Food & Agriculture
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Professional Services
- If you have any questions before you apply, please reach out to us at email@example.com.