Current Career Opportunities
We are currently hiring for one open position:
Account Strategist, Professional Services & Public Affairs
An Account Strategist at Bellmont Partners plays a key role in the areas of strategic planning, client communications and implementation. Account Strategists are both critical idea generators and implementers at the agency, working closely with other team members to help turn strategy into reality by confidently developing materials and recommendations. They’re pros who can drive a project from start to finish with minimal direction, while also working collaboratively in a team-based environment. As with all Bellmont Partners roles, an Account Strategist upholds the agency’s five core values – collaborative, connected, invested, transparent and flexible – in their day-to-day interactions and responsibilities.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Client and Account Team Support and Leadership – 80%
- Be a key team member on two to five accounts, helping drive the implementation of deliverables in a timely, strategic manner, and occasionally consult on other agency accounts as needed.
- Develop and implement deliverables that are high-quality and on-strategy for accounts of all sizes; draft and finalize materials in areas such as earned media (e.g., media pitches, news releases, media kit materials, etc.), thought leadership (e.g., bylined articles, award and speaking nominations, etc.), owned media (e.g., social media posts, website copy, blog posts, newsletter copy, marketing collateral, etc.) and occasionally paid media (e.g., ad copy or scripts, paid social media posts, sponsored articles, etc.); as well as help lead and coordinate any client involvement in special events (e.g., trade shows, client events, etc.) as needed.
- If needed, lead one or more small to mid-size accounts and co-lead one or more large accounts; this may include developing strategies and plans, leading/co-leading internal and external meetings as needed, making assignments to internal teams, communicating progress, recommendations and ideas to clients, offering day-to-day support to clients and internal teams, managing contracts/monthly billing, helping troubleshoot any challenges and driving results that align with client objectives.
- Account Strategists may also be expected to complete the following tasks depending on the account size, and as needed, may be called upon to help coach junior team members as they support this work:
- Conduct client research, including developing media lists, interviewing subject matter experts, etc.
- Develop and update client status reports, content calendars, budget trackers, meeting agendas or other materials as needed
- Monitor for client coverage on multiple platforms
- Help manage client budgets and team allocations
- Compile client activity summaries and invoices as needed
- Coordinate and schedule client and internal meetings/calls
Business Development and Agency Marketing – 10%
- Help identify opportunities for organic client growth by understanding clients’ strategies and needs
- Assist in new business efforts, including helping maintain information in internal files and databases, conducting research on new prospects, drafting case studies, and participating in internal new business brainstorms
- Contribute to or lead efforts to develop new business proposals and decks
- Contribute to agency marketing initiatives and content creation
- Participate in new business meetings or presentations with prospects
- Work to establish, maintain and expand professional network
Professional Development/Operations/Administrative/Paid Volunteer Time – 10%
- Work with manager to establish individual professional development goals that align with the agency’s overall annual goals and objectives and your areas of interest; make consistent progress toward goals through professional development events and resources, seeking out additional projects to flex new skills
- Participate in staff meetings, one-on-one check-ins with manager, and other agency meetings and events
- Complete personal administrative tasks in a timely manner, including weekly time entry, monthly expense reports, etc.
- If interested, seek out volunteer opportunities that align with personal and professional goals and areas of interest, using Bellmont Gives Back hours (paid volunteer time)
BENEFITS & WORKPLACE
- A flexible, hybrid “office/work-from-home” policy that has been a core part of our culture for years
- Reimbursement funds for Self-care & Wellness, Home Technology and Professional Development
- Employee-led agency initiatives, such as our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Antiracism Initiative; Health & Wellness Committee; and Sustainability Initiative
- Free access to the on-site fitness center and on-site bike commuting facilities
- Paid volunteer hours through our Bellmont Gives Back program
- Professional development and leadership development opportunities
- Access to Hope Works Here, a service of Faith’s Lodge
- Competitive traditional benefits, including health insurance (employer-paid premiums), flexible spending accounts, 401(k), long- and short-term disability (employer-paid premiums), vacation time and paid holidays
- Strategic, collaborative and fun colleagues, as well as clients who are doing amazing work in their fields
- Salary range: $58,000 to $90,000 DOE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field, or equivalent experience
- At least five years of experience, ideally with a strong focus on B2B communications, media relations, content development, client service and/or the professional services and health fields
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to translate technical language to easily digestible copy
- Based in or able to relocate to Minnesota
- If you don’t exactly meet these criteria but are interested in this role or a future opening at Bellmont Partners, we encourage you to apply regardless.
- Please send the following materials to email@example.com by Sept. 25, 2023:
- A resume detailing relevant experience and interests.
- A cover letter – please think of this as a way to help us start getting to know you! We want to learn why you’re interested in a role at Bellmont Partners, what you’ve learned from past roles, what you’re looking for in the next chapter of your career, and any other relevant info about you and your interests that you’d like us to know.
- If you have any questions before you apply, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.