Current Career Opportunities
Twin Cities public relations agency Bellmont Partners, winner of multiple “Best Places to Work” awards, is seeking new account executives to add to our growing team. We’re looking for communicators with approximately three to six years of experience who are passionate about partnering with clients to tell their stories in a variety of ways while upholding the agency’s five core values – collaborative, connected, invested, transparent, flexible – in day-to-day interactions and responsibilities.
At Bellmont Partners, we believe that driving exceptional results for clients starts with an exceptional team of people, supported by an exceptional work environment. As an agency, we believe our best work is done by a team with a diverse array of ideas, backgrounds, talents and opinions.
Our account executive role is designed to support individuals in taking their career to the next level. While we’re looking for individuals with at least three years of past professional communications experience who are confident and proactive, we also know that this role can be a key period of mutual learning and skill growth, and we are passionate about supporting individuals in doing so. We value past experiences in a variety of settings, including agency, journalism, corporate, nonprofit, government and other areas that have sparked a passion for communications and storytelling.
Bellmont Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage those from historically underserved communities, such as people of color, women, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities, to apply for this job.
We’re looking for individuals who are comfortable with a wide variety of activities on their to-do list each day. Day-to-day responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Client and Account Team Support and Leadership – 75%
- Serve as a core member of account teams, completing assignments as directed by account leads
- With support and coaching from senior team members, begin or continue growing skills to serve as the account lead and client contact on accounts, working with the senior team members on accounts to develop strategy, make assignments to internal teams, communicate progress and ideas to clients, offer day-to-day support to clients and internal teams, help troubleshoot any challenges and drive results that align with client objectives
- Draft materials for client projects in areas including earned media (e.g., media pitches, news releases, media kit materials, etc.), thought leadership (e.g., bylined articles, award and speaking nominations, etc.), owned media (e.g., social media posts, website copy, blog posts, newsletter copy, marketing collateral, etc.) and occasionally paid media (e.g., ad copy or scripts, paid social media posts, influencer relations, etc.)
- Conduct client research, including developing media or influencer lists, interviewing subject matter experts, etc.
- Develop and update client status reports, content calendars, budget trackers, meeting agendas or other materials as needed
- Monitor for client coverage on multiple platforms
- Help manage client budgets and team allocations
- Compile client invoices as needed
- Coordinate and schedule client and internal meetings/calls
- Proof documents or digital copy
- Participate in team brainstorms
- Assist with special events
Business Development – 10%
- Assist in new business efforts, including helping maintain information in internal files and databases, conducting research on new prospects, drafting case studies, and participating in internal new business brainstorms
- With support and coaching from senior team members, contribute to or lead efforts to develop new business proposals and decks
- Participate in new business meetings or presentations with prospects
- Work to establish, maintain and expand professional network
Professional Development/Operations/Administrative/Paid Volunteer Time – 15%
- Work with manager to establish individual professional development goals that align with the agency’s overall annual goals and objectives and your areas of interest; make consistent progress toward goals through professional development events and resources, seeking out additional projects to flex new skills
- Participate in staff meetings, one-on-one check-ins with manager, and other agency meetings and events
- Complete personal administrative tasks in a timely manner, including weekly time entry, monthly expense reports, etc.
- If interested, seek out volunteer opportunities that align with personal and professional goals and areas of interest, using Bellmont Gives Back hours (paid volunteer time)
BENEFITS & WORKPLACE
- A flexible, hybrid “office/work-from-home” policy that has been a core part of our culture for years. This longstanding policy made the shift to working remotely during the early days of COVID-19 almost seamless. In the current COVID-19 environment, our office is open to those who wish to work from there occasionally or on a regular basis, and we are following local health recommendations for COVID-19 protocols. We continue to support working remotely and strive to create inclusive virtual meetings, gatherings and communications, whether individuals are remote or in the office at any given time.
- Annual stipends for personal health and wellness activities and home office technology
- Employee-led agency initiatives, such as our Diversity, Inclusion & Antiracism Initiative; Health & Wellness Committee; and Sustainability Initiative
- Free access to the on-site fitness center
- Paid volunteer hours through our Bellmont Gives Back program
- Professional development and leadership development opportunities
- Access to Hope Works Here, a service of Faith’s Lodge
- Competitive traditional benefits, including health insurance (employer-paid premiums), flexible spending accounts, 401(k), long- and short-term disability (employer-paid premiums), vacation time and paid holidays
- Strategic, collaborative and fun colleagues, as well as clients who are doing amazing work in their fields
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field, or equivalent experience
- Approximately three to six years of experience
- Based in or able to relocate to Minnesota
- If you don’t exactly meet these criteria but are interested in this role or a future opening at Bellmont Partners, we encourage you to apply regardless.
- Please send the following materials to email@example.com by Friday, Aug. 27, 2021:
- A resume detailing relevant experience and interests
- A cover letter – please think of this as a way to help us start getting to know you! We want to learn why you’re interested in an account executive role at Bellmont Partners, what you’ve learned from past roles, what you’re looking for in the next chapter of your career, and any other relevant info about you and your interests that you’d like us to know.
- Also, while Bellmont Partners works with a variety of organizations, much of our work is for clients in the following industries; please highlight in your resume and/or cover letter if you have experience or a specific interest in/passion for any of these areas:
- Food & Agriculture
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Professional Services
- If you have any questions before you apply, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.