As we dig out from this latest winter storm, here are some of the top stories in digital and social media from the past week. The big headlines were about Facebook buying WhatsApp (for $16 billion!) and LinkedIn giving publishing power to all users, something it once only gave to Influencers.
- Facebook is Buying WhatsApp for $16 Billion – A look into the agreement for Facebook to purchase WhatsApp, the popular messaging client, for $16 billion in cash and stock.
- LinkedIn Opens Publishing Power to All Users – LinkedIn has announced now that anyone can write and share long form posts on their LinkedIn profile. In the past, only LinkedIn influencers had this ability.
- How to Boost Your Brand’s Snapchat Game – An infographic guide for brands looking to use Snapchat more effectively.
- How to Only Spend 10 Minutes Per Day on Twitter – Some tips, mainly involving the use of Hootsuite, to help businesses manage their time on Twitter.
- 8 Golden Rules for Sure-Fire Success with Facebook Ads – A nice list of best practices for Facebook advertising success.